22.10.04

Our Story

(An excerpt from 'Going the Distance', our love story as published in B-Next, the youth-oriented e-zine of Business World)

We were classmates in grade school (grades 5 to 6 and no, we were not childhood sweethearts). But our lives took separate paths upon entering high school. Twelve years later, we met again through our common school’s e-group. He was living in California by then and I was still here in Manila.

We developed a comfortable friendship through chat and e-mail. It started as a group thing, with most of our other classmates included. But soon, we found ourselves chatting even without the others. Our conversations revolved around past experiences and personal beliefs. He told me about the problems he was having with his girlfriend then and I told him about the heartbreaks I’ve been through.

The friendship we have turned into attraction when he went home to Manila for a visit. His two-week visit turned into a flurry of group dates and marathon phone conversations. Even then, he was already telling me how special I am to him. But I knew enough not to expect more than what we had. After all, he had a girlfriend back in the States and he was not staying for keeps. That, for me, may spell F-U-N but certainly not, F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

When he went back to California, I realized that I felt more for him than what I was willing to admit. I was very fortunate that he felt the same way even after all the “we-could-never-make-it-work” talks I kept giving him when he was here. He broke up with his girlfriend and proposed love to me. After we became a couple, he told me that he knew I was his --- and he was mine --- the first time he held my hand (and I was just too stubborn to admit it!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home